[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - PropertyNotFoundException, something I am overlooking...

griffitm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 18:44:26 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I am trying to implement a search function, and I have been using the seam booking demo as a reference. I am not sure how my code is materially different from the example, but I am getting this error:
javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /DeliverableSearch.xhtml @21,113 value="#{deliverableSearch.searchString}":
  | Property 'searchString' not found on type org.javassist.tmp.java.lang.Object_$$_javassist_5 I cannot get past this and I know its something simple...
I have a form:
   <h:form id="searchCriteria" styleClass="edit">
  |         <fieldset>
  |         <rich:simpleTogglePanel label="Deliverable Date Search" switchType="ajax">
  |             <s:decorate template="layout/display.xhtml">
  |                 <ui:define name="label">From Due Date:</ui:define>
  |                 <h:inputText id="searchString" value="#{deliverableSearch.searchString}"/>
  |             </s:decorate>
  |         </rich:simpleTogglePanel>

  |             <h:commandButton id="search" value="Search" action="#{deliverableSearch.search}"/>
  |        </fieldset>
  |     </h:form>

And my session bean:
  | @Stateful
  | @Name("deliverableSearch")
  | @Scope(SESSION)
  | public class DeliverableSearchAction implements DeliverableSearch, Serializable {
  |
  |     @Logger
  |     Log log;
  |
  |     @In
  |     private String searchString;
  |
  |     @PersistenceContext
  |     EntityManager em;
  |
  |     @DataModel
  |     private List<Deliverable> deliverables;
  |
  |     public void search() {
  |
  |         log.info("Deliverable search from: " + searchString );
  |          deliverables = em.createQuery("select d from Deliverables d").getResultList();
  |     }
  |
  |     @End
  |     public void reset() { }
  |
  |     @Destroy
  |     @Remove
  |     public void destroy() { }
  |
  |     public String getSearchString() {
  |         return searchString;
  |     }
  |
  |     public void setSearchString(String searchString) {
  |         this.searchString = searchString;
  |     }

I must be missing something somewhere, but this looks exactly like the examples to me.

Oh, I realize the search isn't actually being performed here, I am just unsure why I am getting the EL error!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

MG

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096312#4096312