[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Creating a secure development environment

adldev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 23:10:53 EDT 2007

We do the same as PeterJ mentioned in the last paragraph.

Our environment is an extremely secured area and network.  Therefore they gave us a separate pc to go on the the secured network to view email within the corporate environment.

Our development PCs are on a separate isolated network with each of our own JBoss sandbox.  We need our individual sandboxes to develop in, till we were able to interface our platform developments together.  If we didn't we would be stepping on one anothers processes before we were ready to interface.

Ah, one more thing.  That PC they gave me for my secured email, after 1 year I told them to get rid of it out of my cubicle and they did. I believe, if the only function of a PC is to run my email and produce nothing at the end of the day like my development machines do, it wasn't worth to keep.

That machine was so secured with software and hardware (and I could not even admin that PC for basic maintenance).  I would come in every morning and see it on because the network admins ran remote scans and updates nightly. No wonder it  burned up 2 hard drives.  As far as my development PCs (two of them), they have ran great for 4 years no problems.:)

They took out that PC, 1 month ago when they noticed I had unplugged it and had it plastered it with post-its and taped class diagram pages on its PC monitor.  I couldn't use the monitor for my other PCs because it was a security violation. Go figure.

Now I read my email at home with better security then I had at work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096363#4096363

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096363