[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - SMPC:@In EntityManager or @PersistenceContext ?

dkane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 03:32:34 EDT 2007

Dear colleagues,

I've read a lot about advantages of SMPC in this forum.
In documentation, the recommended way to configure and use SMPC is :

components.xml :
<core:managed-persistence-context name="bookingDatabase"
  |                            auto-create="true"
  | persistence-unit-jndi-name="java:/EntityManagerFactories/bookingData"/>

Java code :
@In EntityManager bookingDatabase;

The best way of learning is examples , and I am looking into Seam 2.0 examples directory then.
Almost all examples contains the corresponding configuration tag in components.xml.
However, entityManager is being injected with @PersistenceContext or
@PersistenceContext(TYPE=EXTENDED) in the vast majority of Java code. The canonical examples Booking and DVDStore does that too.

Is SMPC actually used in Seam examples ? If not (BTW, why ?), where can I see sources of complete SMPC application ?

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096391#4096391

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096391