[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Problems with SynchronizingLoginModule

gspillman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 08:51:01 EDT 2007

There have been no responses to this message, and the time I have to complete the project is getting short.

Our goal was to synchronize only the identities, leaving JBoss Portal to manage it's own set of roles.  I thought using SynchronizingLoginModule with synchronizeRoles set to false would allow us to do this.

However, the only difference the synchronizeRoles flag makes is in creating new roles.  It still changes the state of existing roles based on what roles it finds in the previous login module, regardless of what the synchronizeRoles flag is set to.  Since the JBPortal roles we set up are not in the NT Domain, it always turns our roles off when the user signs on.  I have seen this behavior with both the NTLMLoginModule from JassLounge, and the UsersRolesLoginModule included in JBPortal.

Can no one duplicate this problem?
Is something in the problem or the procedure unclear?
Is there an alternative that achieves the above goal?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096522#4096522

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096522