[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Reference to parent page from portlet.

dvanwest do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 11:02:42 EDT 2007

Alright, I found a reference to the original question in  section 10.8.3 of the Portal Reference Guide.   I'd sort of ignored this since I'd been looking for a direct method to the Window object, rather than using the PortalNode.

As for getting a reference to a PortalObject from a PortalNode, it appears that one can get a reference via the portal.getPage(node.getName()) or page.getWindow(node.getName()) methods.  I'm not sure if this is the recommended method, but it seems to work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096599#4096599

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096599