[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Deploying to OC4J 10.1.3.1

jasondlee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 11:46:24 EDT 2007

"supernovasoftware.com" wrote : Thank you for your reply.

  | I figured as much for the choice of OC4J.
  |
  | What is the features of Glassfish are you using that are not in JBoss AS 4.x and what are you looking for in JBoss 5.x?

Well, long story short, when I first got started with GlassFish and EE5, JBoss' support for EE5 wasn't NEAR as good as GF's.  You can read more about our reasonings (such as they are) here: http://blogs.sun.com/stories/entry/international_environmental

JBoss 4.2 likely adds everything I would need or want (full EJB3 compliance, JPA, JSF), but, with all due respect to the JBoss AS guys, there's not enough compelling reasons for me to switch from GF (with which I'm *very* familiar) to JBoss (though if my employer were to adopt JBoss, I'd be very happy).  I hope that was diplomatic enough. :)  hehe

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096627#4096627

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096627