[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: I can't get the parameter <form> in my portlet

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 14:03:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

That is strange. I can't detect something wrong in the code.

You may look at the jsp of the portal (user portlet jsp, samples...) as some example.

such as :<form method="post" action="<portlet:actionURL>
  |     <portlet:param name="op" value="<%= CMSAdminConstants.OP_DOSEARCH %>"/>
  |     </portlet:actionURL>">
  |     <input type="text"
  |                                 size="15"
  |                                 maxlength="80"
  |                                 name="search"
  |                                 class="portlet-form-input-field"/>
  |     <input type="submit" name="search" value="${n:i18n("CMS_SEARCH")}" class="portlet-form-button"/>
  | </form>

The url is not hard coded but built with the portal url factory.
this may be necessary...

do you get the "act" parameter that is in the url ? or not ?

oups... I've just got it : the parameters of the url are available in the request of the action method of the portlet.
not the doView (render method).
you have to get them in the action method, and then, if you want to get some info about that in the render method (doView), you must do some
response.setRenderParameter(myRenderParamName,
  | 					myRenderParamValue)
This way, the myRenderParamName is put in the request instance in the doView method.

look also at the portlet specification JSR-168 for all this...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096690#4096690

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096690