[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - DataTable Sorting Example

griffitm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 15:36:14 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I have a seam-gen app that gives me a pretty good head start for the simple crud operations needed to maintain a database. I like the pagination of data that is baked in to the JSF pages as the data sources for the components are backed by the EntityQuery objects.  However, I have a few instances where I need to build a custom query or do some Ajax look ahead type of querying, and I'd like my datatables in those lists to look and feel like the datatables that are bound to the EntityQuerys.  The nice thing about the EntityQuery is that you get the pagination and ability to resort the data simply.  Can I use this in my Stateful session bean instead of using EntityManager.createQuery()?

Does anyone know of an example where the data for the JSF page is coming from a session bean page controller and has the ability to sort/paginate data easily?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
mg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096713#4096713