[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: away from console setup for jmx-console?

ztaps do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 19 11:57:30 EDT 2007

"PeterJ" wrote : The "cannot find the server" message usually means that there is no host that corresponds to the IP address. Can you ping the server?

  | What is in the /etc/hosts file?
  |
  | Have you tried setting -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true in the JVM command options.
  |
  | So many things that can go wrong. Ain't Linux grand?!?
  |
  | As far as I remember (it was a while back when I set up iptables), I had to open ports as follows:
  |
  | Port 8080 was sufficient for http
  |
  | Ports 1099 and 1098 were needed for JNDI and RMI (e.g, client using messing or EJBs)
  |
  | Ports 4444, 4445 were needed for JMX clients.

I coworker of mine (extremely smart in Unix/Linux) thinks 8080 isn't entirely opened up as I was told.  He showed me a test.

Gotta wait until Monday until the fella that can work with 8080 returns.

If the attempt to reconfigure 8080 fails again, I'll post my settings that you asked.

Thanks again for you prompt help.

P.S. Linux is a blast!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097043#4097043

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097043