[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - MDB MessageType problems

viniciuscarvalho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 19 16:18:14 EDT 2007

Hello there! I'm running JBoss 4.2.1 and I have this class inheritance:

  | public abstract class AbstractMDB implements MessageListener{
  |  @EJB
  |  private bizRef;
  |
  |  public abstract void operateMessage(Element message);
  |
  |  public void onMessage(Message message){
  |   bizRef.someMethod();
  |   //create the element
  |   operateMessage(element);
  |  }
  |
  | }
  | @MessageDriven(	activationConfig={
  | 		      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType",propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
  | 		      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="queue/QueueA"),
  | 		      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="messagingType", propertyValue="javax.jms.MessageListener")
  |
  | 		 })
  | public class ConcreteMDB1 extends AbstractMDB{
  |  public void operateMessage(Element message){
  |
  |  }
  | }

Problem is that this code does not deploy :(

It throws a "unable to determine messagingType interface for MDB"

Is there a way to have an MDB that does not directly implements the MessageListener Interface? Could it be done according to the spec?

Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097111#4097111

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097111