[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Classloader question

jeff.yuchang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 21 12:53:18 EDT 2007

Hi, I've read the JBoss classloader from this wiki http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossClassLoadingUseCases.

And I tried to write a simple code to see if it worked as it described.

Firstly, I've wrote a very simple class, called Util. the code is:

  |  package com.company.util;
  |
  | public class Util {
  |
  | 	public String getResponse() {
  | 		return "This response is from Application Server's library such as JBoss" ;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public String getRequest() {
  | 		return "doNothing";
  | 	}
  |
  | }

and package this class as a JAR, called util.jar.

I've written another class, called Util.

  |  package com.company.util;
  |
  | public class Util {
  |
  | 	public String getResponse() {
  | 		return "This response is from web app's library" ;
  | 	}
  |
  | }

and I package this class as util-webapp.jar

3).
I wrote a simple class, which call the Util class, as following :

  |   		Util util = new Util();
  | 		System.out.println("Util response is: [" + util.getResponse() + "]");

Belows are some scenarios that I deployed.

1.
1) put the util.jar in the JBoss_HOME/lib
2) put the util-webapp.jar in my war, and I deployed war in the $JBoss_home/server/default/deploy

Result: I've found that the application uses the war's jar, which is util-webapp.jar.

2.
1) put the util.jar in the JBoss_home/lib/endorsed
2) put the util-webapp.jar in my war, and I deployed war in the $JBoss_home/server/default/deploy

Result: It uses the util.jar in the endorsed folder.

3)
1) put the util.jar in the JBoss_HOME/lib
2) put the util-webapp.jar in my war.
3) I package the war in an ear, and then uses the isolated classloader, and  "java2ParentDelegation=false",

Result, it still uses the util-webapp.jar

I dont know what I am doing wrong here, but it seems it doesn't work as the JBoss configuration wiki said, can someone shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097261#4097261

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097261