[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - EJB References

bschipper do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 22 00:53:02 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm currently migrating from Weblogic 8.1 to JBoss 4.2.1, and I'm having trouble getting our existing EJB references to work. The error i receive when deploying the jar is:

anonymous wrote : org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException:
  | Failed to resolve ejb-link: IdSequenceSession make by ejb-name: ejb/IdSequenceSession

The ejb-jar.xml extract for this reference is as follows:

<ejb-ref>
  |     <ejb-ref-name>ejb/IdSequenceSession</ejb-ref-name>
  |     <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
  |     <home>core.idsequence.IdSequenceSessionHome</home>
  |     <remote>core.idsequence.IdSequenceSession</remote>
  |     <ejb-link>IdSequenceSession</ejb-link>
  | </ejb-ref>

and the descriptor (jboss.xml) for the bean that it is referencing is:

<jboss>
  |  <enterprise-beans>
  |   <session>
  |    <ejb-name>IdSequenceSession</ejb-name>
  |    <jndi-name>core/IdSequenceSession</jndi-name>
  |   </session>
  |  </enterprise-beans>
  | </jboss>

>From what i have read, I believe that jboss should create a reference between the ejb-link and the ejb-name as long as i am running the two jar's in the same deployment (I have also tried adding the "ejb-reference-description" tags to jboss.xml with no avail)?

Any help on this matter would be greatfully appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097309#4097309

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097309