[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Claim: Seam is not for large Java EE applications

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 22 03:09:31 EDT 2007

Recently I heard someone claim to have been abducted by aliens.  What do you think?

Seriously, we've designed Seam to be useful at all scales, from simple web apps to complex enterprise applications.  You get more leverage from Seam on smaller apps, but that's mainly because traditional J2EE apps (and most Java solutions, for that matter) are way too complex for simpler applications.

If you are writing a Java EE application with Seam, you are using the same for EE technologies as if you weren't using Seam.  Seam is giving you the potential for simplified architecture and easier integration with all the technologies you are likely to want to use.  (JSF, JBPM, Drools, etc...)   Seam isn't making your large EE app less-reliable or less scalable - it's just making it easier to develop.

On the question of support - yes, Red Hat does offer production support for Seam.  If that's of interest to you, please contact sales.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097335#4097335

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097335