[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - restrict tag in pages.xml

slavach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 22 05:49:31 EDT 2007

Hi, I've encountered quite strange Seam behavior in my project.
I setup security framework and it works great for restricting access to mehods
(in EJB) and to UI elements (in *.xhtml with s:hasRole).
All security exceptions redirected to default security page.
Now I setup page security in page.xml:

  |     <page view-id="/page1.xhtml" login-required="true">
  |         <restrict>#{s:hasRole('admin')}</restrict>
  |     </page>

Access to this page granted although I see AuthorizationException in log file.
If I redefine default exception page:

  |     <exception class="org.jboss.seam.security.AuthorizationException">
  |         <end-conversation/>
  |         <redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">
  |             <message severity="WARN">Access denied</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>

Than access to page1 restricted and I redirected to error.xhtml.

Did I miss something and exception page definition is mandatory for security configuration in page.xml?

My environment is glassfish-v2  and jboss-seam 2.0.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097380#4097380

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097380