[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - accessing hidden field values in a SFSB

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 22 14:43:28 EDT 2007

does the scope of the SFSB matter when you're trying to access hidden field values from a .xhtml page?

I know that Seam defaults to conversation scope if you don't set it explicitly (which is the case in this SFSB) but does that affect retrieval of the hidden field values via the FacesMessage object as follows?:

  | FacesContext fc = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
  | 		Map map = fc.getExternalContext().getRequestParameterMap();
  | 		String rowIndex = (String) map.get("rowIndex");

here, rowIndex is the id of the <h:inputHidden> tag in the .xhtml.  It's showing as null when I output it to the server.log.

How do I access the value of this hidden variable?  I know, I posted this in the Richfaces forum as well...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097591#4097591

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097591