[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using Seam and Groovy together question

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 22 17:38:33 EDT 2007

The main advantage is simply being able to write in Groovy.  If you can write a component more quickly using less code that is more understandable, that's a win.  Groovy development doesn't require a compile step, which might make your development faster.   Basically, if you prefer Groovy, for whatever reason, Seam is there for you.  I think being able to write a facelets template that talks directly to a groovy component is pretty neat thing, but if you don't already have a need/desire to use Groovy, stick with Java.  There's no obligation to make use of it.

We don't provide any direct integration with other Groovy technologies like GSP, but we'd welcome any Groovy users out there to try it out and report back.   We're rather eager to make Seam more groovy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097640#4097640

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097640