[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Nested Conversations (tricky interceptor)

denis-karpov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 23 04:11:52 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : Entities references in conversational components are moved from the object to the conversation at the end of a request and are repopulated in the object at the beginning of the next request.
As I understand not a request, but method invocation.

I can tell you where is the problem.
Suppose that we have component AA in parent conversation with a field reference bb to an another component Q. At some point this reference is moved to conversation context with the name "AA.bb".
Then we start nested conversation. We can still access field bb in the nested conversation, because in the time of invocation it gets reference from the parent conversation and put it inside the component.
Then we change the reference of the field. And at the end of an invocation seam moves the reference to the conversation context (nested)
Then we end the nested conversation. And try to access field bb in the parent conversation. Seam restores a reference from context (parent). And we get the old value.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097725#4097725

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097725