[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Switching from Postgres to MySQL5, but can't get rid of " No

MichaelToler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 23 10:42:55 EDT 2007

We have our JBoss installation up and running using a Postgres backend.  Unfortuantely, we chose Xeon processors on our DB servers, and there appears to be some kind of issues between Postgres and Xeons, so we
are examining using MySQL for a temporary solution.

(I'm in the IT department and haven't gone digging into the code to see exactly what line is causing this issue yet.  That's on my plate for today.)

I have setup the MySQL configuration based on the JBoss configuration guide and have tried all of the dialects available (org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect, org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect, org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect and org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect).  What should I be looking for?

	  Server.log:

javax.ejb.EJBException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.MappingException: No Dialect mapping for JDBC type: -1
        at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.Ejb3TxPolicy.handleExceptionInOurTx(Ejb3TxPolicy.java:69)
        at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:83)
        at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxInterceptor$Required.invoke(TxInterceptor.java:191)
        at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)

	  mysql-ds.xml:

<!-- ===================================================================== -->
<!--                                                                       -->
<!--  JBoss Server Configuration for RSC Modules                           -->
<!--                                                                       -->
<!-- ===================================================================== -->
<!-- $Id: mysql-ds.xml,v 1.0 10/19/2007  18:44:55.89     mtoler            -->
<!-- ==================================================================== -->
<!--  RSC Modules Datasource config for MySQL                             -->
<!-- ==================================================================== -->

<!--Datsource setup for AM-->
<!--Uncomment it after the AM database setup-->

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>AMDS</jndi-name>
<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://dbserver.prodea.net:3306/AM</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<user-name>XXXX</user-name>

                <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>

<!--Datsource setup for RSC-->
<!--Uncomment it after the RSC database setup-->

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>RSCDS</jndi-name>
<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://dbserver.prodea.net:3306/RSC</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<user-name>XXXX</user-name>

                <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>

<!--Datsource setup for SRS-->
<!--Uncomment it after the SRS database setup-->

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>SRSDS</jndi-name>
<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://dbserver.prodea.net:3306/SRS</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<user-name>XXXX</user-name>

                <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>

	  persistance.properties:

hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097920#4097920

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097920