[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: jboss as a windows service cannot stop

thormar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 23 15:09:05 EDT 2007

My experience with Windows Server 2003 suggests that the run.log file is being locked by the service and/or the operating system.  Later attempts that try to write to the log fail immediately.

I had varied success with starting/stopping until I figured this out.  At that point, I simply edited the services.bat to eliminate any output to run.log and  shutdown.log.

I figured there was enough logging by JBoss itself.  If I want to debug the service, I can run it manually using "service.bat start" (which is how I found out that the log file was locked in the first place).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098024#4098024

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098024