[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: No modification operations in CacheJmxWrapper?

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 24 11:02:32 EDT 2007

How does everyone else feel about this?

My usual stance wrt. JMX is that it should *only* be for management information and statistics, not control, but we already do have some control elements in there (starting/stopping a cache) so this does make sense on one level.  But at what point does this start becoming a full cache interface, with put() and get()?

Also, the problem with removeNode() is that the Fqn object won't work on a JMX console, and the String version only makes sense if you use Fqns made of Strings - and adds confusion/noise to the API  if you don't.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098366#4098366

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098366