[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Data gravitation synchronization issue

FredrikJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 24 13:34:23 EDT 2007

I have been investigating the issue further and it seems like we actually access the node right after creating it. This causes concurrent access from both the server that currently owns the data and the server that is assigned to the node and this is what is triggering the lock-situation described above.

I understand that accessing a node this way is not desired (permitted?) when running buddy replication and I will change the usage pattern to avoid this. However, I don't see why the locks should hang and cause a timeout (if configured). Arguably the scenario should work functionally, but will of course be suboptimal.  I would argue this mostly since the lock-issue could be symptomatic of a more generic lock problem at hand.

Anyway, it seems like we got buddy rep up and running now, which is great!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098452#4098452

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098452