[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Problems with JBoss Cache 2.0.0

jjax77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 24 15:37:20 EDT 2007

Hi all,
i'm newbie using jboss cache and i've been testing habanero for a while. it looks great, but i've a bit problem.

I don't know if this is the best place to write this but if some of you can help me i'd be so happy.
thank in advance.

The problem is that i need to use it in an application server with jdk 1.4 but of course it doesn't work. In the README file say that a retro version it's available for jdk 1.4, but i can't find it anywhere.

If you could you tell me where can i find it, it would be great. I've reading some documentation on how to compile it myself but i'm having a lot of problems.

Another option i've trying is to use jboss cache v 1.4 (i don't remeber the name) (that is JDK 1.4 compliant) but i get an exception (it says NullPointer in the stacktrace) when i try to configure the TreeCache with my own config file. For this last option my code is the following:

TreeCache tree = new TreeCache();
  | tree.setClusterName("demo-cluster");
  | tree.setClusterProperties("cache-config.xml"); // uses defaults if not provided
  | PropertyConfigurator config = new PropertyConfigurator();
  | config.configure(tree, "cache-config.xml");
  | tree.createService(); // not necessary, but is same as MBean lifecycle
  | tree.startService(); // kick start tree cache

And here the config file

<!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |     <!-- Defines TreeCache configuration                                      -->
  |     <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |
  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.cache.TreeCache" name="jboss.cache:service=TreeCache">
  |
  |         <!-- New 1.3.x cache loader config block -->
  |         <attribute name="CacheLoaderConfiguration">
  |             <config>
  |                 <!-- if passivation is true, only the first cache loader is used; the rest are ignored -->
  |                 <passivation>false</passivation>
  |                 <!-- comma delimited FQNs to preload -->
  |                 <preload>/</preload>
  |                 <!-- are the cache loaders shared in a cluster? -->
  |                 <shared>false</shared>
  |
  |                 <!-- we can now have multiple cache loaders, which get chained -->
  |                 <!-- the 'cacheloader' element may be repeated -->
  |                 <cacheloader>
  |                     <class>org.jboss.cache.loader.FileCacheLoader</class>
  |                     <!-- same as the old CacheLoaderConfig attribute -->
  |                     <properties>
  |                         location=c:\\cache
  |                     </properties>
  |                     <!-- whether the cache loader writes are asynchronous -->
  |                     <async>false</async>
  |                     <!-- only one cache loader in the chain may set fetchPersistentState to true.
  |                         An exception is thrown if more than one cache loader sets this to true. -->
  |                     <fetchPersistentState>true</fetchPersistentState>
  |                     <!-- determines whether this cache loader ignores writes - defaults to false. -->
  |                     <ignoreModifications>false</ignoreModifications>
  |                     <!-- if set to true, purges the contents of this cache loader when the cache starts up.
  |                     Defaults to false.  -->
  |                     <purgeOnStartup>false</purgeOnStartup>
  |                 </cacheloader>
  |
  |             </config>