[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - nested sar problem

vinguye2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 24 16:20:07 EDT 2007

Hi,
I noticed that the binary download version is just a zip, and all child sar/war apps are exploded (i.e. portal-admin.sar).  But, when using the source version, it deploys everything as zipped sars and wars separately, and portal-admin.sar is no longer inside the jboss-portal.sar deployment.

I'd like to bundle everything into one zipped sar so that the portal product is easier to distribute and deploy.  So I took the zipped versions of the child apps (i..e. portal-admin.sar), and put them into the zipped version of jboss-portal.sar.  So the structure looks like follows:

  jboss-portal.sar
    conf/
    dtd/
    lib/
    META-INF/
    portal-admin.sar
    portal-ajax.war

But the problem is when the jboss-portal.sar is deployed, I don't see the correct portals like the admin, cms, etc.  Only if everything is completely exploded and deployed as a directory, then all works fine.

I suspect that JBoss doesn't support a zipped sar nested in another zipped sar, but I can't seem to find any info to confirm this.  Does anyone have any idea or solution to this problem?  Any help is appreciated...thanks!
-Vinh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098539#4098539

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098539