[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem with EntityQuery, Design Question about it

Eethyo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 01:34:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

I used Seam-gen to create a CRUD Application out of my database.
Works fine so far, but i now i, of course, need to customize it for my needs.

I need to run a query and i think i should use the package com.ccms30.entities;

import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Name;
import org.jboss.seam.framework.EntityQuery;
import java.util.List;
import java.util.Arrays;

@Name("ccmsProductlineList")
  | public class CcmsProductlineList extends EntityQuery {
  |
  | 	/**
  | 	 *
  | 	 */
  | 	private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  | 	private static final String[] RESTRICTIONS = {
  | 			"lower(ccmsProductline.name) like concat(lower(#{ccmsProductlineList.ccmsProductline.name}),'%')",
  | 			"lower(ccmsProductline.description) like concat(lower(#{ccmsProductlineList.ccmsProductline.description}),'%')",};
  |
  | 	private CcmsProductline ccmsProductline = new CcmsProductline();
  |
  | 	@Override
  | 	public String getEjbql() {
  | 		return "select ccmsProductline from CcmsProductline ccmsProductline";
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@Override
  | 	public Integer getMaxResults() {
  | 		return 25;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public CcmsProductline getCcmsProductline() {
  | 		return ccmsProductline;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@Override
  | 	public List<String> getRestrictions() {
  | 		return Arrays.asList(RESTRICTIONS);
  | 	}
  |
  | }

this Class for it.

So here are my questions:

- How should i run a query on an attribute? just, for example, set the name in object ccmsProductline and then run getResultList? or should i write an own class? how to design my own querys, which are nothing else than a list so far?

- Why can i just use this class if I inject it into my the Bean i call it from?
I cant create CcmsProductline ccmsProductline = new CcmsProductline(); and then use it... why? Would make things much more easy.

Thanks a lot.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098652#4098652

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098652