[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Seam Text: linebreaks in .properties file

mars1412 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 06:33:30 EDT 2007

thanks a lot
in fact I have read the docs and also tried it (\n, \r,..).
for every one who is interested in the details: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html#load(java.io.InputStream)

but my mistake was, that I had forgotten to include the blank lines (\n\ in the .properties file)

for the sake of completeness, here is the example:

WRONG .properties fiel entry - no paragraph will be generated

  | The other guy said:\n\
  | "Nyeah nyeah-nee\
  | /nyeah/ nyeah!"

will render as:

  | The other guy said:

(rest is missing, don't know why...)

CORRECT .properties fiel entry

  | The other guy said:\n\
  | \n\
  | "Nyeah nyeah-nee\
  | /nyeah/ nyeah!"

will render as

  | The other guy said:

the only difference is the empty line (\n\) in the correct example.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098765#4098765

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098765