[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Nested ui:repeat fails

erik.d.hellman@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 08:20:04 EDT 2007

I have a page where I first iterate over a list and for each object in the list I need to do another iteration. The code looks something like this:

<ui:repeat var="foo" value="#{firstList}">
  | .... write some output...
  |    <ui:repeat var="bar" value="#{foo.children}">
  |    ... write some output...
  |    </ui:repeat>
  | </ui:repeat>

firstList is a @DataMode-annotated List-object in my @Name annotated Pojo. The page displays correctly during the first couple of calls to the page (usually between 2-5 times), but then it sudddenly fails and stops rendering content within the ui:repeat-tag after the first object in foo.children.

I found a workaround by using a4j:repeat inside ui:repeat, but in my opinion this is a bug since it doesn't fail at first but after a few couple of calls to the page. Am I right or have I misunderstood how the ui:repeat-tag works?

Thanks!

// Erik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098790#4098790

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098790