[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Running *.bat file from JBoss 4 Web Server

rupang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 11:45:53 EDT 2007

Hello,
I need to run a *.bat file from a URL on the JBoss-4.0.5.GA Server.

The Scenario is:  When I click on the Link on the page it runs a javascript function which has a call to my.bat file as follows

window.location = "/MyApp/exe/install.bat";

Now when we click on the link it should open a Dialog Box "File Download-Security Warning" and it has 3 buttons "Run", "Save" and "Cancel"

The Probelm is I am not getting that Dialog Box at all. Instead its directly writing the content of the bat file on the browser window!

Thanks for the help!
Regards
Rupang

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098892#4098892