[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Question on conversation...

jacob.orshalick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 14:02:15 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : 1. How do these conversations end if the user does not come back to generate a click that invokes the method with @End annotation?

Conversations will timeout after a configurable time period.  Any conversation that is not the foreground conversation (the current conversation with the user), will timeout after the timeout period.  In addition, conversations will timeout with the session.

anonymous wrote : 2. Is there a limit to the number of conversations, one can start?

Not that I am aware of.  I remember seeing a thread that discussed adding this as a feature, but I have not seen any JIRA issues for it.

anonymous wrote : 3. What is the performance overhead of maintaining all these conversation contexts... If the stateful bean passivates and the need to activate them? Are there any performance numbers for Seam?

I have not seen or performed any performance testing with respect specifically to conversations (maybe someone else has).  If you decide to run any performance tests I'm sure everyone would appreciate if you post your results :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098956#4098956

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098956