[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Passing dynamic values to enhanced el expression

bludkiewicz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 14:58:43 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a button whose value I'm trying to pass to my bean using Seam's enhanced EL.  Below is a snippet from my xhtml page:

  | <h:form>
  | 	<c:forEach var="answer" items='#{ testing.test.currentQuestion.answers }'>
  | 		<h:commandButton value='#{ answer.name }' action='#{ testing.scoreQuestion( answer.name ) }' />
  | 	</c:forEach>
  | </h:form>

This will always pass a null reference to the testing.scoreQuestion( String ) method.  I have also tried #{ testing.scoreQuestion( ${answer.name} ) } and #{ testing.scoreQuestion( #{answer.name} )  } but I get errors as it tries to evaluate #{${answer.name}} and #{#{answer.name}}, respectively.  So, if that's the case then why is #{ answer.name } evaluating to null for the action yet the button renders with the proper value of #{ answer.name }?  Is there another way of accomplishing this or am I just missing something obvious?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-=B=-

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098970#4098970

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098970