[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: h:commandButton not working on RichFaces tab

SergeySmirnov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 16:46:27 EDT 2007

"szaccaria" wrote : Other person have the same problem...

  | http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=119233&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
  |
  | http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=119558

They are different, but not the same.

1. Using h:commandLink (but not the h:commandButton) inside the h:form after Ajax re-rendering has a limitation due the specific of h:commandLink architecture. I t
old many times about it and mentioned at least twice on the richfaces-demo:
http://livedemo.exadel.com/richfaces-demo/richfaces/htmlCommandLink.jsf?c=htmlCommandLink
http://livedemo.exadel.com/richfaces-demo/richfaces/form.jsf?c=form

2. Most common problems with "action is not invoked":
a) validation/conversion problems
b) form inside form (does not allowed by JSF)
c) Using ajaxSingle="true" together with immediate="true"

3. Action method is invoked at the fifth phase (if immediate flag is not set). So, if fifth phase is bypassed , it  needs to figure our why it is bypassed instead of why the action is not called. The phase tracker is useful to detect where the normal lifecycle is interrupted. Ready-to-use phase tracker is here:  http://www.jsftutorials.net/faces-config/phaseTracker.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099010#4099010

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099010