[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: remoting-https-service configuration

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 18:55:48 EDT 2007

I assume that port 443 is being used by JBossWeb (i.e., tomcat) - is that so?  I don't know anything about JBossMQ, but I'm guessing it ran behind a servlet, so that the only port opened was that used by tomcat.

Now,

1. The Remoting http transport borrows the networking layer of tomcat, which includes opening up a ServerSocket, running worker threads, etc.  So, necessarily, it needs its own port.

2. Remoting also offers the "servlet" transport, which runs behind a servlet.  In this case, the network i/o is handled by tomcat, so a second port is unnecessary.

I've never tried to configure JBossMessaging to work with the servlet transport, but, in principle, it should work.  I'm going to point you to Sections "5.4.11. Servlet Invoker" and "5.4.12. SSL Servlet Invoker" of the Remoting Guide http://labs.jboss.com/jbossremoting/docs/guide/index.html.  If the servlet transport looks reasonable to you, and you have problems, I can try to help you through them.

I should note that as of Remoting release 2.2.2.SP2, there's a new, currently undocumented, feature of the servlet transport, described in JIRA issue JBREM-813 "ServletServerInvoker should return an exception instead of just an error message" (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBREM-813).  I don't know, but it might turn out to be useful.

Good luck!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099062#4099062

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099062