[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Let's use component scope before lookupInStatefulContext

dmitriy.lapko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 26 09:15:01 EDT 2007

Ok, thank you for answer about fixing perNestedConversation, I used previous CR and didn't had this update. Now I updated seam and it works better, thank you again :)

But...

I made a little experiment concerning lookupInStatefulContexts.

1 code:

<ui:repeat value="#{itemResultList.resultList}" var="#{item}">
  | 			#{itemBrowseList.getItemQuantity(item)}
  | </ui:repeat>

2 code:
<ui:repeat value="#{itemResultList.resultList}" var="#{item}">
  | 			#{baseComponent.itemBrowseList.getItemQuantity(item)}
  | </ui:repeat>

The only difference is that in second example itemBrowseList is returned by EVENT scoped component with method:

	public ItemBrowseListComp getItemBrowseList() {
  | 		return (ItemBrowseListComp) Component.getInstance("itemBrowseList", ScopeType.SESSION);
  | 	}

itemBrowseList is in SESSION scope.

I measure time for RENDER_RESPONSE phase. Page contains a lot of other code, by the way.

I use last sources of Seam from CVS.

Result list contains 100 elements.

So,

for code 1: approx. 540ms  (#{itemBrowseList.getItemQuantity(item)})
for code 2: approx. 310ms (#{baseComponent.itemBrowseList.getItemQuantity(item)})

So, difference - (540-310)/100 alsmost 2ms for each EL!

I'll raise a JIRE issue for this. And until it will be implemented, I will use this ugly code for my system...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099279#4099279

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099279