[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Sorting Detail data in Master/Detail

griffitm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 26 10:50:05 EDT 2007

All,

I have some seam generated pages show master/detail records.  If you've used seamgen generate-entities to create entities and pages then you know what I mean.  If I have a relationship between 2 tables (A) Status and (B) Deliverables -- I start from the status page viewing a list.  This list can be sorted by clicking on the table headers, which re-executes the SQL query passing the order by clause based on the table header.

However, if I drill down into a single status and you see all the deliverables associated with the selected record, these records appear in a random order.

Is there an easy way to provide the related child data (Deliverables -- joined or sub-query) in a ordered fashion?  The data is loaded from the collection that is part of the master entity, not in a separate SQL query.

Any help would be appreciated

Best Regards,
MG

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099349#4099349