[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - s:link performance issues

dmitriy.lapko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 26 11:52:40 EDT 2007

Did anybody compared performance of s:link and h:commandLink?

I traced my application and found that switching from s:link to h:commandLink produces decrease of RENDER_RESPONSE phase from 520ms to 250ms...

Here is the code:

<s:link view-id="/item.xhtml" action="#{itemManager.viewItem}" value="#{item.title}">
  | 	<f:param name="itemId" value="#{item.id}" />
  | </s:link>

comparing with:

<h:commandLink action="#{itemManager.viewItem}" value="#{item.title}">
  | 	<f:param name="itemId" value="#{item.id}" />
  | </h:commandLink>

JProfiler showed that it looks like param for link is evaluated twice! Once - for getting value, second - for getting its type to product converter

Also there should be other problems, because even double evaluation of item.id could not be so terrible...

And another point - when I tested the same code on small test page without any params of page in pages.xml - the difference was not so significant.

I have a picture from JProfiler with timing for this issue - I just cannot attach it to this post.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099376#4099376

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099376