[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Http status error 404: you requested resources are not a

jdsignature do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 26 15:36:55 EDT 2007

Thanks for your reply,

Can you tell me how I can have the container invoke the customized login module? you can see all my config files in the previous thread.

Does the container invoke a hidden servlet to handle the j_security_check action from the form?

where i should place the customized login module? under \jboss_home\server\default\deploy?

how many places need to be configured? jboss-web.xml, web.xml,login-config.xml, anywhere else?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

<web-app>
    	<welcome-file-list>
		<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
	</welcome-file-list>

	<security-constraint>
		<web-resource-collection>
			<web-resource-name>SecurePages</web-resource-name>
			Security constraint for resources in the secure directory
			<url-pattern>/secure/*</url-pattern>
			<http-method>POST</http-method>
			<http-method>GET</http-method>
		</web-resource-collection>

		<auth-constraint>
			only let the system user login
			<role-name>admin</role-name>
		</auth-constraint>

		<user-data-constraint>
			SSL not required
			<transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
		</user-data-constraint>
	</security-constraint>

    	<login-config>
    		<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    		<form-login-config>
    			<form-login-page>/login.html</form-login-page>
    			<form-error-page>/LoginError.html</form-error-page>
    		</form-login-config>
    	</login-config>

	<security-role>
	    The Secure ROLE