[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Extensions to EJB3: Message Driven POJOs

jkurtz_wa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 29 15:15:38 EDT 2007

Thanks for fixing that link..

I have a remote client that needs to read a message from an MDB using a stateless session bean. Whereas I can easily write to the Bean and see the on-message method firing, I can not seem to be able to return that message to another remote client.

I can do this using an existing queue in JBoss. With an MDB, I need to be able to get an instance of the MDB or produce some type of callback, to let the stateless bean first know there is a message, then read the contents of the MDB.

With an entity bean, one uses the Entity Manger to get an instance of the object, so there maybe a similar way to get the "handle" of the MDB.

I am going to check out using the @Consumer tags to see if that will work.  If you have any design suggestions and pointers to some tutorials, that would really help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099977#4099977

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099977