[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Writing SeamTests with Seam 2.0.0. CR2 - What's Changed?

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 29 18:12:55 EDT 2007

"bsmithjj" wrote : oh yes, one rant - if a specific version of testng is required, then what happened to the days when frameworks listed out their depedencies including versions?  Has listing depedencies gone the way of documentation? ;-)

No, we now have a dependencies chapter which discusses common runtime and compile dependencies for your project and pom's which documents the versions and dependencies for compiling and using Seam.

We would like to get a report out of maven that prints out all the jars, but this seems to require us to use snapshot versions of maven plugins.  I will add this for 2.0.1

anonymous wrote : it looks like the version of testng supplied with Seam 2.0.0.CR3 is 5.6-200706070953 (from MANIFEST.MF file). The maven2 surefire plugin docs are based on testng 4.7 (which I was using - see previous post in thread).

Yes, surefire is broken and stagnating. I think you have to use the snapshot but don't know - the last working version of testng with the released surefire is 5.1 IIRC.

anonymous wrote : When run from Eclipse I was using JUnit4 and they weren't being called; is TestNG a requirement?

Yes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100022#4100022

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100022