[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Redirects in doView

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 30 13:40:39 EDT 2007

"amin-mc" wrote : But (this is probably not possible) is it possible to change/replace a portlet window from interacting with another portlet.  For example

  | Portlet A
  | Portlet B
  | Portlet C
  | Portlet D
  | Portlet E
  |
  | Currently I can see A, B and C, D. If i interact with D is it possible to change C to E?  Or is the only option is to change the content of C?
  |
  | Not sure if that made sense!

It might be possible using Portal's API (though I haven't tried to do so) but your portlets would not be JSR-168 compliant anymore. There is nothing in the JSR 168 specification to do what you want. Actually, inter-portlet communication (IPC) is outside of the specification so any coordination of work between portlets you are trying to do would have to use a vendor-specific mechanism. This is true for JBoss Portal, but it would also be the case with any other portal vendor.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100389#4100389

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100389