[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: LDAP Authentication & Authorization to eDirectory

ebrennan@hotmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 30 16:50:18 EDT 2007

I am trying to set up Active Directory also. I can log fine using my AD Account.

Q? Do I have to have full read/write permission to AD to get this up and running. Right now the IT guys have only set up an account to query the Database. I don't plan on changing any of the info in AD. Using the query account they supplied I can validate my user and login to JBP.

Roles:
I don't know if our Group/Role structure is unusual or not.
In my User Entry I am a "MemberOf" my department (EAEUsr)
This group (EAEUsr) then is a "MemberOf" (HQ Users).

I then have a Group set up call Portal_User that has HQ Users as a "member"

All of the groups have a object class of "group" and I have change my roleFilter to match.

As soon as I comment out the below I get an error.

            dynamic
            portal.user.homepage

            seeAlso

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100437#4100437