[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Custom ObjectConverter for selectItems - howto El in con

gonzalad do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 18:49:49 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : 1. I would lik to use a real EL in asStringEl attribute.
  | How can I achieve it in a converter ?
It appears only UIComponents support value expression associated with them.
See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-189 or chapter 5 page 5-1 of JSF 1.2 spec.
So, I'm stuck using a non EL expression and adding "#{" + "}" in my converter code before evaluating the resulting EL - quite a hack !

anonymous wrote : 2. Does this approach appears fine or is there a better one (it's my first Jsf converter - so quite a newbie...).
I would really appreciate feedback on this one.
Is this converter approach fine or just awfully bad (and why ? performance problems ?).

Thanks once more !

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100886#4100886

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100886