[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - JBOSS 4.2.1 GA does not work with SEAM in netbeans

purnendu9 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 3 02:47:54 EDT 2007

I tried creating a sample project in netbeans using the Seamgenerator with no manual configuration change.

These are the steps i followed
1. I downloaded and added the JBOSS 4.2.1 GA to Netbeans as a server
2. I created a Enterprise Skeleton app using the netbeans Seamgenerator plugin
3. I used all default configurations for generating the Enterprise APP
     Here is the first problem i faced. The Output window always comes up with the following statement

cvc-complex-type.2.4.b: The content of element 'web-module' is not complete. One of '{"http://www.netbeans.org/ns/freeform-project-web/1":web-inf}' is expected.

   This points to an XML tag below

            <web-module>
                <doc-root>view</doc-root>

                <context-path/>
                <j2ee-spec-level>1.5</j2ee-spec-level>
            </web-module>

        However i ignored this problem and went ahead deploying the app.

4. I built and deployed the app in Default> Deploy directory
5. Started the JBOSS server
6. JBOSS server failed with multiple errors
  I am outlining the type of errors as below

> It gave an error about Listner whcih was present in Myfaces 1.2 Implementation JAR. I Placed the My Faces 1.2 implementation JAR in the default lib and the error went away

> The persistent context was created without password and the mysql connection JAR was missing. Fixed both and went ahead

> Now comes another error which i am not being able to fix

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.addELResolver(javax.el.ELResolver)

This error is because it is picking the 1.1 RI implementation from somewhere. I am not being able to detect it. However i am stuck and i think anybody/ everybody using netbeans M10 - JBOSS 4.2.1 and SEAM may have the same problem as mentioned above.

Help needed. Thanks is advance
Purnendu
purnendu_das2002 at yahoo.com

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080369#4080369