[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - DataModel and DataModelSelection

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 3 07:49:55 EDT 2007

One thing that I don't understand is why a  @DataModelSelection annotation can ONLY be used in a component when there is also a @DataModel annotation placed on a field or getter method of this component   ( Component.getDataModelSelectionName() enforces this).

What are the reasons for this requirement?

I think it would be very useful if  @DataModelSelection could also be placed on a component even if this component doesn't expose a DataModel via the @DataModel annotation.

Of course, if  @DataModelSelection was used in a component without an accompanying @DataModel annotation used in this component, it would be necessary to set the value attribute of  @DataModelSelection to explicitly provide the  context variable name the DataModel is bound to.

Any chances that the requirement could be lifted that @DataModelSelection needs an accompanying @DataModel annotation in the same component?

If not, we cannot really leverage the org.jboss.seam.framework package,  if DataModel selection should be handled.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080461#4080461

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080461