[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - ClassCastException when using MyFacesGenericPortlet

jaboj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 3 08:46:04 EDT 2007

We're about to upgrade our portal application from Portal 2.4 to 2.6. In the portlet.xml, the portlets uses the portlet-class org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet

We've tried with version 1.1.1 and 1.1.5 of MyFaces.

When accessing the portal application we faces a ClassCastException when the MyFacesGenericPortlet attempts to get a handle to the FacesContext in the facesContext method:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.api.PortletContextImpl

It seems like that the PortletContextImpl is different in version 2.4 and 2.6 and that MyFacesGenericPortlet is unable to handle the 2.6 version. In fact there is a small difference in which package the PortletContextImpl is a part of:

In 2.6  org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.api.PortletContextImpl
In 2.4: org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.PortletContextImpl

Does anyone know why MyFaces can't use the portlet context from Portal 2.6 and what we need to change to make it work?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080481#4080481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080481