[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Rules and BPM from the (nonprogrammer) analyst's POV

vhastings do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 3 22:44:57 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am working with a developer who is building a web application using JBoss Rules and jBPM.  I'm not a programmer at all -- I'm simply developing the spec and scope of work for my developer to work from.

I haven't found a lot of information (manuals, tutorials, etc.) geared towards helping nonprogrammer analysts communicate their needs to the developer.  For example, is there a flowchart symbology, or other schematic approach, for diagramming business processes and the rules that control them?  Is there a GUI app that I can use to create, modify and implement work flows, rules and logic, once the programmer has built the infrastructure?  Is there a category of Java commands that I might benefit from learning?

If there are any JBoss Rules or jBPM developers watching, then what do you wish your customers did better when communicating their needs to you?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080694#4080694

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080694