[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - EJB not visible through JNDI

zhamdi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 4 08:31:44 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange problem: I can see my EJB3 bean under the web console under the the path:
System/JMX MBeans/jboss.j2ee/jboss.j2ee:jar=MyEjbJar.jar...
it is clearely recognized as a Stateless EJB:

MBean Name:  	Domain Name:  	jboss.j2ee
  | 	service: 	EJB3
  | 	name: 	ViewPersonListCommand
  | 	jar: 	IntoServicesEJB.jar
  | MBean Java Class:	org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessDelegateWrapper

But my lookup to the name: ViewPersonListCommand/local throws a naming exception:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't find Bean under JNDI: 'ViewPersonListCommand/local'
  | 	at fr.into.common.ejb.EJBUtil.lookup(EJBUtil.java:15)
  | 	at fr.into.services.controller.session.User.<init>(User.java:22)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
  | 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
  | 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
  | 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
  | 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
  | 	at com.sun.faces.config.ManagedBeanFactoryImpl.newInstance(ManagedBeanFactoryImpl.java:277)
  | 	... 93 more
  | Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ViewPersonListCommand not bound
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:267)
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:589)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
  | 	at fr.into.common.ejb.EJBUtil.lookup(EJBUtil.java:13)

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks a lot, this is taking me a lot of time and there's no way to see which JNDI name is mapped to the bean. In addition to that, the same name worked until I've tryed to add Facelet capabilities to my app. I know this doesn't have anything to do with it but it's what I'm experiencing today.

Naturally there's no message saying that the bean wasn't deployed or any problem occured while deploying the EJB jar...

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080854#4080854

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080854