[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Last try - Conversational Feature let me feel like an idiot

maku01 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 4 11:30:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

I think  I understand the benefits of the usage of a "conversational" approach and how I can use it from a design point of view.

But I'm REALLY not be able to implement this with Seam.
I spent much time to read about this topic in a book (Yuan + Heute) and the Seam reference and I tried also to study the booking example.

Here my problem:

I want to have a simple menu for different logical areas (e.g. partner, service, reports and so on)

When I click one menu entry I want a "conversation" for this logical area  until the conversation is ended by the user or a timeout occurrs.

When another click on a menu entry occurrs whera a conversation already exists this conversation should be used.

It should be possible to change the activated logical area and to come back without loosing the state.

This means for me a kind of a workspace which many logical areas in ONE window.

Could anybody give me a hint how to implement this in Seam (I use Seam 2 CVS)?

I experimented already with different approaches but without much success. When I work with Session State this isn't a problem.

TIA

Martin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080947#4080947

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080947