[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam-Managed Persistence Context

rjstanford do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 4 11:57:46 EDT 2007

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but it seems pretty relevant.

Is there a way to correctly use SMPCs to have a truly extended context for use with, say, a Session scope entity bean?  I have a "currentUser" bean that's in session scope, and it has references to various other components - I'm looking for a way to be able to reference these in pages whether or not they've previously been loaded.  However, everything seems to be aimed at mid-life conversation scoped objects.

Would I be better off simply storing the ID in session scope and doing a factory every time?  That seems a little intensive, but at the same time I don't want to have to create an action for every page just to create a persistence context to merge() the currentUser object to.

What's the correct thing to do here?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080963#4080963

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080963