[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Last try - Conversational Feature let me feel like an id

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 4 15:49:19 EDT 2007

That's exactly my use case and I don't have a solution either.
Currently the first version of my app works without using conversations which of course seems to waste quite a lot of seams value.

A big problem is that _all_ the explanations teach you about the technical side, e.g. what a conversation is, how it is started and ended, etc.
But there isn't any documentation at all how to do user interface design with conversations in mind or how to apply conversations to an existing UI design.

This particular scenario (different areas/tabs, list in each area, detail view for selected item) which is quite typical has come up several times already in the forum and it was never really answered.

I think I need to start a conversation to avoid reloading the list (in an "area") from DB again and again if I just sequentially select multiple items to view each one's details.
Also when I currently edit, say, a project's details I would like to be able to shortly switch to the customer view to be able to look up some information there and then continue back in the project details.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081059#4081059

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081059