[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ExpressionLanguage Vs. XPath

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 4 16:42:25 EDT 2007

As I said, I'd rather focus on improving EL, but that shouldn't stop you from exploring the other possibilities.  In working on jboss-el, we discovered that the web servers (tomcat, in specific) are very sensitive to the EL and will try to parse the EL.  There's very little you can do there.  With some help from facelets, you could probably make xpath work there.  Beyond that, you need to look at the integration options provided by whatever technologies you are interested in.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081086#4081086

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081086