[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems using ajax validation in seam-gen

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 5 11:19:33 EDT 2007

Vincent, I've managed to work around the onblur/submit problem like this:

<s:decorate id="thirdDecoration" template="layout/edit.xhtml">
  |    <ui:define name="label">Third</ui:define>
  |    <h:inputText id="third"
  |       required="true"
  |       value="#{calcBean.third}">
  |       <a:support event="onblur" reRender="thirdDecoration, total" eventsQueue="calc" />
  |    </h:inputText>
  | </s:decorate>
  |
  | <a:commandButton action="#{calcBean.save}" eventsQueue="calc" value="Save" />

(key points are altering the commandButton to be a: rather than h: and using the same queue for all inputs and for the commandButton).

Please let me know how this works out for you.  If you find it works well I'll look at altering seam-gen to do something similar.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081363#4081363

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081363